Spreadsheet Design Concepts Series
Design - 2 Questions, 2 Approaches
- 2 Questions
- What will happen when things go right?
- What will happen when things go wrong?
- 2 Approaches:
- What will the system do?
- What real world objects am I modeling?
- Whilst it is important to always ask the question of what happens when things go right AND when they go wrong, the 2 different approaches are dependent on a few factors:
- Developer experience
- Maintenance team experience and preference
- Interaction with other systems, and their design
- Scale and complexity of the system being developed
25 January 2012 - UK Excel Developer Conference - London
Products for sale:
New information about the missing FileSearch feature in Office 2007 and details of our pragmatic solution (Current price GBP 30.00)
Instant Excel worksheet protection remover and password recovery (Current price GBP 15.00)
Classic Ribbon Tab
Add Excel 97/2000/2002/2003 compatible menu structure to Excel 2007
(Current Price GBP 10.00)
Products coming soon:
(Find and control external links in Excel Workbooks)
Due by Q1 2111.
(Excel VBA based spreadsheet auditing tool)
Due before the end of 2111.